Thursday 11 June 2015

Few Minutes Separation from My Son

The bond between a mother and a child is perhaps the strongest bond that nature has ever created. From the time a woman comes to know that she has conceived, this bond is created and I think no relation can be so intense as between a mother and her child. It’s the pure unconditional love that makes a mother worried if she finds her child in trouble.

So have you ever imagined how scary it would be if you have gone to a busy place and suddenly found that your child is missing? Yes, my mother had this horrible experience when I was a child. Going back to my childhood days, I remember, my mother used to pick me and my elder sister from school and we used to come home by rickshaw. From school we used to take one rickshaw and after we reach the station, we crossed the rail bridge and took another rickshaw to reach home. One day, after we reached the rail bridge, the rickshaw-puller asked for the exact fare which my mother didn’t have and so she hurried to a shop to buy something to make a change of fifty rupees. My sister followed her but I didn’t. It was not intentional. Suddenly I found that my mother and sister are missing. I hurriedly crossed the rail bridge thinking that they would have crossed it but unable to find them I asked a rickshaw puller to take me home. I also said that since I don't have money I will pay him after I reach home. I was then 5 years old. The rickshaw puller was really shocked and scared of what I said but I didn't care, I just sat on his rickshaw and waiting to reach my destination. 
On the other side my mother was so worried and scared that she was thinking whether to call my dad in office or to call the police. She searched everywhere but never had the idea that I could cross the
bridge and reach the other side of the road. But while asking few people she came to know that a small girl of my age with red suitcase in hand had crossed the bridge. Hearing that she hurriedly came and found me sitting on a rickshaw. I think that was her happiest moment to find her daughter. 

Few months back we came to Finland from India and before we were about to shift to our rented apartment one day me and my husband went out for shopping to some super market to buy the household items. My son Jojo was also with us and playing with some cars there but suddenly we found that he is missing. We looked for him inside the shop, called by his name but no response. For a moment I was black out and remember that day when I went missing for sometime. We hurriedly went outside and found that a man was accompanying him. Actually he found Jojo playing alone in the parking area and was about to bring him inside the shop. Till now this is the most scary moment of my life. Those few moments were like hell to me. 

That day I realized how my mother felt when I went missing. Never before I could realize her feelings. When I told all about this to my mom, she also recalled that day when she couldn't find me and said that a mother cant tolerate a few minutes of separation from her child if she finds that her child is not safe. 

So imagine, how those distress mothers feel, whose children went missing and still they are in a hope to get them back. I wish every mother get their missing child back because without them a mother's life is not only incomplete but also unbearable.


6 comments:

  1. This is a scare all parents have got atleast once in their lifetime!! But the moral remains to be careful!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for reading! I agree with u...we have to be very careful with kids ...

      Delete
  2. My parents have also gone through this experience once ;-) anyway, very well written.. keep it up...

    ReplyDelete
  3. eke bole sab ferot pabe bacha ... tobe khub bhalo likhechis re.. ebare galper boi chai....

    ReplyDelete